Thursday 5 November 2015

The problem is...

It has been years since I truly loved myself.
Since I felt comfortable and happy and proud to just be me.

As a human being.

Not as a professional. For some strange reason, that part of my life is not affected by this. I feel confident, intelligent and motivated when I consider my career and the work surrounding it.

But not my being.

In fact, I dislike (strongly) the outer portion of my being, my body, more now than I ever have in my entire life.

Yet I feel like a traitor.
I should love my body.

It nurtured and grew three beautiful children.
It birthed two, and survived the emergency C-section of the third.
It's endured breastfeeding, multiple surgeries for ovarian cysts, a gall bladder removal and continues to endure more crooked neck-sleeping-with-kiddos hangovers than I'd like.

I struggle to accept compliments.
I get antsy when my husband tells me I am beautiful.

I rarely look at myself and think, I am worthy.
When I look into my own eyes, I cringe.
Who am I? Really?



Hmmmm.

I don't have the answers just yet, but I've realized that I am holding on to unworthiness. And so I've created this blog, My Journey to Worthy, to diarize my mindful attempt to move to a place of self love.

Thanks for reading.
I hope to inspire a few friends and family members to reflect, as I will be, on the very essence of their being. xo


PS: I am grateful to Shawna, from Be Free, for the chance to immerse myself in her HappyYou program, as it will provide the basis for the next six weeks of blog posts, and the first part of my journey. In addition, I'll be reflecting and sharing my learnings, stumbles and a-ha moments along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Pam! Thank-you for your openness and courage to share. You inspire me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darlene, here's to a happier me... and you :)

      Delete