Thursday 31 December 2015

Light bulb

Throughout 2015 I dug my heels in, somewhat refusing to consider weight loss as a 'goal' because I wanted to discover a way to truly love myself as I was. I wanted to move to a place where I loved myself DESPITE the scale, not BECAUSE of the scale.

Turns out the best way to show myself love is to take care of my body, the vessel that carries my soul and spiritual self. It's also mentioned in this really great article called What Self Love Means.

Light bulb!

I need to feed my body the way I feed my kids (because I don't).
I need to nourish my body with vitamins and minerals my body needs (because I stopped).
I need to hydrate it with more naturally occurring beverages (because I rely on sugar and caffeine).

So, in loving myself as I am, I must do everything in my power to return to my healthiest self via healthy food choices, balanced indulgences and regular exercise.

Holy S#$&
(sorry mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment